Re: [Usability] New way of accessing software (WAS: Re: Big Panel menus (32x32))

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 09:35, Alan Horkan wrote:
> On 13 Jun 2003, Daniel Borgmann wrote:
> > File management will probably become more metadata like soon. I'm not
> > sure how far Medusa goes into this direction but it might be a good way
>
> I tried looking up Medusa but I didn't see anthing that seemed revelevant
> could you please clarify?  actually this one looks like it might be what
> you are referring to, is it?
>
> Medusa
> An indexed filesearch software
> Medusa
> is software that allows you to quickly search your system for particular
> types of files, using an index.
> http://www.suse.de/en/private/products/suse_linux/ppc/packages/medusa.html

Medusa indexes keywords associated with files.  It recognizes Nautilus's
emblems as keywords.  Searching for 'new' or 'draft' will return all
files and folders tagged with meta data.

It is possible to use other piece of information for keywords from
pseudo file systems: Epiphany bookmarks, and the important flag in
Evolution mboxs as an example.  Once Medusa is reintegrated with
Nautilus, new ways of associating keywords with files can be explored,
for instance: using the gnome recent file list, or when Evolution saves
an attachment it could provide some meta data about the source.
sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.