RE: Patch to make ggv not show the scroll outline by default

> Od: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
> Datum: 2003/06/11 Sre AM 01:56:28 GMT+02:00
> Za: desktop-devel-list gnome org
> Zadeva: Patch to make ggv not show the scroll outline by default
>
> [I'm re-sending this mail, this time to d-d-l.  I sent it on Friday to
> Jaka and usability-list, but got no reply.]
hey, what's the hurry - I have other people and other code to tend to - a delay
of a few days for such a minor issue is certainly acceptable ;)

> I think GGV looks a lot prettier if you make it not show the scroll
> outline by default.
I don't think that there is any objective way to determine "prettines" of a
PostScript previewer: so this is mostly about what we decide to do - I don't
really care what the default is.

> Do we need this option at all, and if not, should I submit another patch
> to remove the relevant code instead of just hiding the configuration
> option?
I have been asked repeatedly for this feature since some PostScript previewers
have it. I even find it useful on some occasions. and therefore it stays
there.

anyway, the major problem with this outlining has been the noticeable delay
when starting to move the document with outlining turned on: this has been a
bug that I fixed recently - I have not commited the code yet, since I am still
looking for a lost reference of an UIContainer instance that I've introduced
with some of the changes.

regards,
  jaKa