RE: GNOME Nirvana; How to reach it and what to do once we get the re. (Addendum)

> From: Mark Finlay [mailto:sisob eircom net]
> I agree with Murray and disagree with Iain - I think that it is very
> important for Gnome to work in a unified way. There are
> always going to
> be loads of gnome and gtk apps - but the ones that are developed in
> gnome.org should be incorperated into the desktop (with some obvious
> excpetions like office software).

[snip]

> I could go on about this for hours, but I won't so I'll just say
> "Integration is better" - both for users and for developers.

It's important not to confuse 1. coordinated development with 2. integration
of applications. I think the first is necessary to produce quality in
general, but I think the second is dangerous if not limited.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com