Re: Consensus on a new background

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 09:48:30PM +0100, Mark Finlay wrote:
> > I just created some traslucent wallpapers w/o the foot logo, check them
> > out here http://www.it.gnome.org/~bat , feel free to use them if you
> > like.
>
> Hey, Laop, these are some pretty nice images.
>
> Since I last posted on
> this topic someone mentioned to me that the color I was suggesting
> didn't go very well with the current gnome default theme. What
> do people think of this:
>
> http://xsu.sourceforge.net/new-desktop.png

Personally I don't like it, a bit too baby-puke/primer-green :)  Reminds
me of my second car actually, just need to mix some rust color and a bad
tranny in :)

> Here it is with one of your images:
>
> http://xsu.sourceforge.net/new-desktop-2.png

However, this is a bit more like it.  I'm still not sold on the color,
but the translucent effect is good.  This is using "waves" right?  That
and the "tenticales" one are my favs.

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain