Re: Please, make order in keyboard languages configuration or add Gswitchit before GNOME 2.4
- From: Mantas =?iso-8859-13?q?Kriau=E8i=FBnas?= <monte mail lt>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Please, make order in keyboard languages configuration or add Gswitchit before GNOME 2.4
- Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 02:28:05 +0200
On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:
> One thing we might consider is dropping in Ximian's new capplet for
> this. It should appear on Monday, feature freeze is also Monday,
> but we could cram it in there.
It would be nice to add Ximian's capplet if you are talking about this:
As I understand this capplet solves only one problem - with this capplet user can find how to select keyboard layout easier, but there are also more important things (see my previous letter) - gkb applet doesn't work with xkb groups and because of this lots of xkb keyboard layouts (e. Russian, Lithuanian, Latvian, etc.) will not work correctly.
Maybe Gswitchit should be added to Gnome 2.4 ? It works correctly with xkb groups.
Jabber ID: mantas akl lt ICQ: mantiena <44451746>
] [Thread Prev