Re: Proposal for a new default Gnome GUI

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 17:30, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org> writes:
>
> > Just as an aside, I thought we had a policy not to distribute
> > wonderland?
>
> We (Red Hat) politely asked GNOME not ship a theme that looks identical
> to Bluecurve(TM), either through the Wonderland/Bluecurve engine or
> another engine and the release team agreed.

OK, just a couple of questions to understand.

Can we include Wonderland theme engine (engine, don't gtkrc) in
gnome-theme module?

If we can do, can we put a gtkrc that use colors from... mmh.. Simple
theme or Eugenia proposal and the same Bluecurve widgets' options?
Or more simple change from blue to green? I mean: can we use something
like some GTK themes based on Bluecurve that you can find on
art.gnome.org?

And if we can do it, can we include a meta(theme) using, for example,
this gtk-theme based on Wonderland engine, default gtk stock-icons,
default gnome icon theme and Metabox metacity theme?

> However, the
> Bluecurve/Wonderland engine is well-written and a good starting point
> when making another theme.  You can certainly reuse the code there.

Yeah, but 'cause it's not shipped with GNOME Desktop, it's a little
difficult to use. You have to install it manually :-(

I like to include it in gnome-theme module for GNOME 2.4, and you answer
is yes for all previous question I think it's possible, isn't it?

--
Think bigger

			My uncle