RE: [Setup-tool-hackers] RE: 2.4: System Tools - Please try them

> My worry is that gst (/xst) has been around for a long time, and its
> been quite a while since a new tool was added.

Well for a long time it was a Ximian project, which maybe didn't encourage
greater involvement. My main argument for adding some of g-s-t to GNOME 2.4
is that it would encourage further development while waiting for GNOME 2.6
would not.

If g-s-t isn't ready for GNOME 2.4 then we should punt it (or parts of it)
just like every other new module. Even existing modules are at theoretical
risk of being reverted to older versions as part of the release process.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com