Re: [Usability] Re: Killing Views Part 2 - The return of the Usab ilty study

<quote who="Murray Cumming Comneon com">

> > Mac OS X has "Preview", which is exactly what I've described previously.
> > When you double click a recognised file that has no "special"
> > application associated with it, it opens in Preview.
> >
> > There's no such thing as "Open in existing Preview window".
>
> Good. Does it have the problems that Alex anticipates?

I don't believe so.

When I want to view a file in OS X, I want to be able view it full screen,
move it around, resize it, whatever, but am then incredibly likely to just
close it. That's all I need to do, clicky-clicky, optimise view if needs be,
then close. Sometimes I'll keep Preview open and drag stuff to it. [1]

If there's a problem with windows appearing "seemingly randomly on screen
having you micro-managing their position and size", then we have a window
manager issue. :-)

- Jeff

[1] Interesting aside; if I do this with EoG, it opens stuff in totally new
EoG windows, instead of using the same one.

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

    "Gah. Out of coffee. Shall think whilst auto-caffeinating." - Telsa
                                   Gwynne