Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] 2.4: System Tools - I like them

Hi guys!

El sáb, 31 de 05 de 2003 a las 16:46, Murray Cumming Comneon com
escribió:
> > > From: Cumming Murray (COMNEON Linz)
> > > So, people need to try them out _now_ and start the
> > > criticism. The GEP 11
> > > end date is June 2nd - 4 days from now.
> > ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-system-tools/
>
> Some minor changes need to be made, and the maintainer has agreed to make
> them.
>
> I think the network connections tool is flaky and far from usable, and I
> don't think we want that support problem. But if we left the network one out
> for now, leaving a boot manager, a runlevel editor, time settings, and a
> user manager, I'd like to see this go in. At the least, it's really silly
> that we don't have some way to set the system clock in GNOME.

Hey, the network tool in Debian works like a champion. I use it a lot
and I don't think it isn't usable. Could you give some details about
this? I have tested it with several end users and they have configured
correctly the network, modem and ethernet. And in the 0.26 version we
have druids for create new connections so it is more easy to do the
work.

Cheers

--
Alvaro <acs barrapunto com>