Re: release notes pimping

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 11:07, Glynn Foster wrote:
> Hey,
>
> > Last time 'round, the main theme of the release notes was "usability,
> > performance, appearance, and accessibility support". If we had a slogan,
> > it was a desktop that "just works". What is the dominant theme of the
> > 2.4? What should we be pimping here?
>
> I dunno about other people, but I'm seeing the words 'Enterprise Ready'
> - I'd like to see GNOME 2.4 bring large deployments of our software. Of
> course tying this into our current marketing sounds like a pretty
> sensible idea.

Frankly, speaking as an employee of a company that 'Enables Enterprise
Linux', the word enterprise makes me ill to my stomach. :) I'd like to
hear thoughts and ideas that don't sound like pre-processed marketing
pap, really. [Particularly since I have no clue why 2.4 would be
particularly more enterprise friendly than, say, 2.0.]

In other words, Enterprise is Pants. :)

Luis