Greatest Common Factor [Was: GNOME Nirvana]

<quote who="Luis Villa">

> > So, in answer to my question, no, I don't think that GNOME needs to
> > define a complete Desktop package that meets the needs of the "Greatest
> > Common Factor".
>
> I am not sold on the 'Greatest Common Factor' bit; it seems to me a sort
> of tortured way of explaining where we ought to go. But we clearly need to
> have parity with the proprietary desktops and exceed them where we can.

Would love to hear further discussion about "tortured way of explaining
where we ought to go". Note that the GCF goal has nothing to do with parity
against other desktops.

- Jeff

          Perl: Making thick Windows admins redundant since 1987.