Re: GNOME 2.2 Translation Statistics and Rankings

fre 2003-01-31 klockan 00.37 skrev Sander Vesik:
> > 						Last
> > 						week's		Difference
> > Ranking Lang.   Percent Level of support	ranking		in ranking
> > 1	cs	100.00	Supported		4		+3
> > 1	da	100.00	Supported		4		+3
> > 1	de	100.00	Supported		4		+3
> > 1	es	100.00	Supported		4		+3
> > 1	fi	100.00	Supported		16		+15
> > 1	lv	100.00	Supported		1
> > 1	nl	100.00	Supported		1
> > 1	pt_BR	100.00	Supported		11		+10
> > 1	sl	100.00	Supported		10		+9
> > 1	sv	100.00	Supported		1
> > 11	mn	99.98	Supported		15		+4
> > 12	no	99.83	Supported		12
>
> Ermmm... How about instead of jumping from raninkg of 1 to ranking of 11 (and
> probably soon of 20 or larger) adjust the first non-ranked-first entry to be ranked
> second (2) and follong from there ?

That's perhaps a better idea. The advantage of this system is though
that it's easier to get an idea of the number of supported languages and
the total number of languages. But I didn't spend much time thinking
through the advantages and disadvantages of various ways of counting in
detail. I only planned to send out these weekly mails until the release
of 2.2 anyway.

Thanks for the input,
Christian