Re: Gnome-Media 2.2.0 "No War On Iraq" released

 --- "Jason A. Pfeil" <pfeil 10east com> wrote: > On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 09:05, iain
wrote:
> [...snip...]
> > Headline: Gnome-Media 2.2.0 "No War On Iraq" Released.
> > Unrelated Websites: http://www.stopwar.org.uk/
> >                   : http://www.antiwar.com/
> [...snip...]
>
> Yes, the release codenames in the past have been cute.  This, however,
> is going WAY out of bounds.  This is an announcement about a piece of
> software, not a mailing list of people who share your socio-political
> viewpoint.  Please do not use this list as a political soapbox, as this
> is not the target of this list and you will likely generate off-topic
> flamewars.

What do you mean by 'out of bounds'? There is no such thing as bounds,
if you doubt it please look up what 'pan' stood for before it stopped
being an acronym.

But this is as an aside - if you think some post is inappropriate you
should instead of trying to flame iain on a mailing list (and failing)
take it up directly with iain and the list moderator. But consider that
IMHO (and I don't see many people disagreeing) that iain is entitled to
more or less post anything he damn well likes until it has a payload that
is relevant to gnome at all.