Re: Open... vs Open Location...

> gedit does not use gnome-vfs for saving.
> I'd like to implement this feature, but due to some gnome-vfs problem
> (for example bug #46117) I don't know if it will be completely safe.

In gnome-vfs head, the "permissions" field of GnomeVFSFileInfo can
contain info indicating whether a file is readable or writable (you need
to call gnome_vfs_get_file_info with
GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_GET_ACCESS_RIGHTS). However, this is only
implemented for the file and ssh methods for now... Any voluntary to add
that to other methods ? :p

Hope that helps,

Christophe