Re: A Few Standard Folders [Re: Structure in $HOME]

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, John McCutchan wrote:

> Also, consistency with non-gnome apps would terrible, if nautilus
> calls "~/Video Games" "~/Video Juego"s and the user loads up a
> terminal or a non-gnome app they won't know what "~/Video Games" is.

I don't understand the whole issue here. I18n applies to cases where the
actual l10n is meaningful -- i.e. for system-wide stuff. Now, tell me what
kind of (schizophrenic, perhaps?) person would want to have a
locale-dependant _home directory_? If you are, say, Hungarian, you just
create a 'Videók' directory in your $HOME (or have it created for
you by some kind of 'Welcome to GNOME' script), and update GConf to
register that your video files go to ~/Videók instead of ~/Videos.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001