Re: Major feature that is missing in gnome

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 04:38:35PM -0800, Frank Worsley wrote:

> >  - open OE, IE and access
> >  - minimize access
> >    - OE and IE visible
> >  - click the hide/show desktop button in the task bar
> >  - no windows visible
> >  - click on access in the task bar
> >  	- access now visible (correct behaviour IMHO).
>
> That is also the behaviour on Windows ME and Windows 2000 (last I
> checked anyway).

As far as I can tell, most apps are minimised. If there are windows without
minimize buttons, they'll be hidden instead.

When you select something from the task bar, that app will get shown, and
all the hidden apps get un-hidden, though the minimised ones don't.

This is, for me, amazingly annoying behaviour. Why can't we just minimise
everything? This would be vaguely similar to the 'hide others' option in the
MacOS 9 task list. But consistency is important.

Tom