Re: default panel configuration

I'd like to see the Notification Area and Clock to merge and
then just always be on the menu panel, with the other panels
possibly being removed in favor of it. They would work great
next to the task menu, assuming the resizing in the applet
was fixed to resize to the right, instead of left, since it
would be on the right side of the panel. This would give us
more of a mac-os style behaviour, and simplify the panel a
lot, if we got rid of the other panel modes. I'd also like
to see the menu panel Applications/Actions menus go away in
favor of a single icon in the upper left. Yet even more
simplification that could be done.

-- dobey