Re: default panel configuration

<quote who="Mark McLoughlin">

> 2003-01-07  Mark McLoughlin  <mark skynet ie>
>
>         * panel-per-panel-config.schemas.in: add the
>         "Show Desktop Button" applet to the left of the tasklist
>         on the bottom panel and make the bottom panel fully
>         transparent.

Oh man, I thought you were joking. I don't think this is a good idea, for a
number of reasons:

  - most applets still look like total arse on transparent/pixmap/colour
    panels

  - icons on the desktop will sit under the bottom panel and look 'clipped'
    or disappear altogether (depending on the size of the panel)

  - weird invisible stuff is a bit confusing for new users, whilst it is
    cool eye candy action for users who know what they're doing - thus, it
    ought to be turn-on-able rather than on-by-default

I have a packet of fruit pastilles melting on my desk.

- Jeff

--
    "The postmodern version is: If all you have is duct tape, everything
   starts to look like a duct. Right. When's the last time you used duct