Re: developers, maintainers: Please add a startup notify line to your desktop.in files!
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Zack Rusin <zack kde org>
- Cc: gnome-devel-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: developers, maintainers: Please add a startup notify line to your desktop.in files!
- Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:57:49 -0500
On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 03:02:20AM -0500, Zack Rusin wrote:
> excuse my ignorance, I think I missed our discussion about that on the
> freedesktop list but is StartupNotify the standard entry we agreed
> upon? Currently we use X-KDE-StartupNotify=true for apps that should
> display startup notification and I was wondering whether that's
> something we should change or whether we're going two different ways
StartupNotify is the standard entry. I think X-KDE-StartupNotify=true
would mean the app supports the current KDE startup notification
though, rather than the new spec - so StartupNotify=true and
X-KDE-StartupNotify=true do mean something slightly different, and it
wouldn't be right to change the KDE .desktop files until apps support
the new way. That's my understanding anyhow, Lubos can probably tell
you with 100% confidence.
] [Thread Prev