Re: Spring Loaded Folders Reloaded

> That would mean you can't distribute nautilus.
>
> >From the GPL:
> 7.  If, as a consequence of a court judgment or allegation of patent
> infringement or for any other reason (not limited to patent issues),
> conditions are imposed on you (whether by court order, agreement or
> otherwise) that contradict the conditions of this License,

For now, none of this has happened, and we don't even know if something
will happen if the patch is committed. Is macosx still using this kind
of spring loaded folders ?
Moreover, us patents are so crazy that if you start paying attention to
them, you won't write any software. I'm quite sure I can find a patent
which may apply to the idea of gnome-vfs modules, or to a file manager
with themeable folders, or whatever. Will you stop distributing nautilus
if I find such a patent ?
I really wish nobody noticed this spring loaded thing was patented, this
would have gotten included without much fuss and worries :)

Christophe