Re: nice /. comment

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 08:20:01AM -0800, George Farris wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 21:06, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > I would appreciate suggestions on what you'd like to see in order to
> > prioritize the key points.
> >
> > Havoc
>
> Now that I've opened my big fat yap I guess I'd better step up to the
> plate so to speak.  I'm interested in LDAP support what can I do to
> help?

Something that'd help me a lot there is to look at Kristian's proposed
LDAP support, and see if the way he's storing the data in LDAP would
be manageable or if you can think of better ways to do it. Kristian
maybe you could post a summary of how the LDAP backend works?

I haven't looked at this at all, mostly because I don't know much
about LDAP. So it would be helpful to me (and probably to Kristian) to
have third-party opinions on the best approach.

Kristian, btw you should post that patch to gconf-list and we should
look at what it takes to get it merged.

> I would think reading the LDAP server every time a gconf key was
> requested would be a little bit of overload, possibly these will need to
> be cached.

Right, that's simple enough to do.

Havoc