Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

Hi Sean,

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> > Drawers containing drawers should then of course be possible as well.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but drawers can hold "panel objects" too (like
> applets or special buttons and such) that can't be put into folders.

According to Nils' new User Object model, this will be possible in the
future.

> Draging a folder onto the panel might also be (quite correctly) thought
> of as making a link or "launcher" for the folder, as well...

True, assuming Nautilus is available. But I don't really see the added
value of this because interaction with the folder contents would still be
possible in "panel view", and a folder is a natural way to represent a
drawer in a panel (both are containers and there's no pressing reason that
I see currently to make one container behave different from the other).

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778