Re: gpdf

Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 18:30, Bill Haneman wrote:
> > Jeff mentioned accessibility in the gpdf context.
>
> 	Of course, gpdf (based on the xpdf codebase) could - theoretically, do
> this quite well, where it would be hard for 'ggv' to do this.
>
> 	AFAIK Martin is still doing an excellent job on gpdf, so you'd do best
> to speak to him about where to hack I imagine.

gpdf uses the gnome-print preview for display. I don't know much about
its a11y. I haven't looked at the resolutions for Bug 90313 and 96802
(print-preview in HighContrast/LowContrast themes). Maybe they help
gpdf.

And the xpdf codebase has pdf-to-text code. Maybe the text version of a
page can be associated with the rendered preview. Would that help?

About using PDFs a11y features: gpdf doesn't have direct access to the
pdf content stream (where we could find a11y info) yet because not even
the features of xpdf's rendering abstraction are implemented in gpdf. So
the to be written code would have to dig in xpdf's data structures.

	Martin