Re: Help in understanding network:///

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 03:04, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 20:33, James Henstridge wrote:
> > Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> >
> > >I'm wondering if someone can help me understand what I'm seeing with the
> > >network:/// URL.  On FreeBSD, opening this shows me the Add New Server
> > >icon like it should, but everytime I add a new server, an icon never
> > >appears in the window.  I figured it might have something to do with the
> > >vfolder config.  So, I added the following line to network.vfolder-info:
> > >
> > ><ItemDir>~/.gnome2/vfolders/network/</ItemDir>
> > >
> > >And after restarting Nautilus, all my icons showed up.  However, in
> > >order to see a new icon, I have to restart Nautilus everytime I add a
> > >new server.
> > >
> > >I guess my question is, is this the correct behavior, or am I missing
> > >something in my porting effort?  Also, the network.vfolder-info has an
> > >entry for Name, but the name of the network:/// folder seen in Nautilus
> > >is still "network:///".  Is this correct?  Thanks.
> > >

> > Sounds like the network: folder doesn't gracefully handle the absence of
> > FAM (the file access monitoring daemon).  Don't know what FAM support is
> > like on FreeBSD though.
>
> Thanks for your response.  I have libfam installed and working.  If I
> add the ItemDir tag entry as mentioned above, it works as expected with
> FAM auto-updating the list of servers.  Without that entry, I never see
> anything but the "New Server" entry.

I've got that entry, and I only see 'New Server' and the 'Network
neighborhood' icons. And I've got fam installed. I've got:

$ ls ~/.gnome2/vfolders/network/
1042441711-ftp.gnome-db.org.0.desktop  1042718711-lagun.0.desktop
1042634541-ftp.gnome.org.0.desktop     1043658941-lagun.0.desktop

which I imagine are the entries for the servers I've added. But none of
them show up. What is wrong with my setup?

cheers