Re: 2.3 Feature Request: Inactive toolbar icons

Calum Benson wrote:
On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 18:00, Chris Chabot wrote:

Wowieee! i love it, sign me up for this patch; I tried it and aint
going back! ;-)
(Umm, i mean: yea, that looks 'ok')

This won't work for people who need High or Low Contrast themes, though,
so until we have an engine that handles those in a different way (e.g.
by retaining some variation of the checkerboard pattern) we shouldn't
really make this kind of behaviour the default, I don't think.

But we could engage in a bit of anti-havocness and make it be a themable option so that people who need or like the old way (just like the people running with a 'classic' theme on mozilla) could keep it and the others could choose the 'Ians way' of shading?

It might even be nice to have in 2.2.x, but keeping the default unchanged.

Cheeri,
Calum.