Re: upgrading toolchain requirements for GNOME 2.4

Hey Havoc,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 12:56:40AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> No, scrollkeeper doesn't currently work with automakes that check for
> all files being removed on "make uninstall,"

Hmm, can you give me more info on this?

> and there may have been
> an issue with intltool and/or the standard documentation makefile as
> well.

I guess I can fix those Makefiles easily. I've seen no problems with
intltool, but if you have details, please provide them.

FWIW, I've been using automake 1.7 to build GNOME stuff and I've had no
problems. What was a problem was gnome-common being dumb and not knowing
about configure.ac. I intend to submit a simple patch to fix that.

> Those need to be fixed, then it will be rapid/trivial to move the rest
> of GNOME. It's probably only a few days work, but someone has to sit
> down and make it a priority.

I'd be glad to help, to see this stuff fixed. As discussed on IRC, the
install-module script could also be enhanced to check for the correct
config.sub/config.guess, etc.

Jordi
jordi sindominio net     jordi debian org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/