Re: Call for 2.2 Screenshots

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 08:01, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 15:30, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>

> >  In GNOME 2.2, a "theme" is now a collection of subthemes, such as
> >  icon subtheme, GTK+ subtheme, and metacity subtheme.
>
> Weren't we going to use "theme set" and "theme" rather than "theme" and
> "subtheme"?  No point in making up words when there are perfectly good
> ones already available :)

Theme is the more basic word... and the interface tries to present the
basic unit of "theme" as the "metatheme/theme set". Using "theme set"
immediately conjors up the model of a theme "set" as a grouping of
themes (which, I'm sure, is how most people on this channel think of
"metathemes", but its not the conceptual model I want users to pick up).

-Seth