Re: Ideology / ChangeLogs

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 00:09, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 16:23, iain wrote:
> > All that coming from the same guy who flames me endlessly about being
> > politically offtopic in release notes :)
>
> I don't think that it is unreasonable to ask EVERYONE to avoid off-topic
> political commentary.  As Iain has kindly reminded us, Dennis' ChangeLog
> entry is hardly the first time someone has used GNOME as a platform for
> their politics.

It's not that weird for us, who spend all our free time in something as
beautiful as opensource, to ask for a little fun like giving our weird
opinions on random subjects once in a while? This one-minute-of-fame
feeling is one of the many things that makes all this so much fun.

Don't get too rigid on this, guys. It *should* be fun. :). Maybe Dennis'
stuff isn't that good an idea, not up to me to device, but I generally
like Iain's release announcements, and I wouldn't mind seeing some more
random nonense here and there. It's cool.

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>
Linux Video/Multimedia developer