Re: Ideology / ChangeLogs

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 10:45, Christian Neumair wrote:
> Today I noted that a diff [1] was committed containing political
> propaganda. In my opinion this should be reverted for the same reason we
> don't distribute flags: taking up a position when it comes to historical
> or political situations isn't a good thing, independent from semantical
> aspects.

As much as I don't go in for militaristic ultra-nationalism I really
don't see the problem with this being in a Changelog. If that were in
release notes or an about screen I would be offended but I think
Changelogs like source code are not meant to be user visible and their
content should be the discression of the people writing the code. I
certainly don't want to be prevented from making random political
commentary of my own in comments or changelogs.

Ian