Re: Template system
- From: Lee Braiden <jel ntlworld com>
- To: "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <amadorm usm edu ec>, Joe Shaw <joe ximian com>
- Cc: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Nautilus <nautilus-list gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Template system
- Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 03:38:15 +0000
On Wednesday 17 Dec 2003 9:16 pm, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> The templates folder (assuming we went with a folder based
> implementation) should have some magic, so that when a user opens it and
> double-clicks the file, it should ask:
> What do you want to do?
> (o) Change this template
> ( ) Create a new document
Don't really want to repeat myself, but I'd hate to see this be done in some
weird way, when there are more generic ways, so...
This could be handled with a template mimetype --
x-application-mywordpro-template, or whatever, and an action for that
mimetype that does 'instanciate' instead of the usual open.
Beyond that, such a system would let you 'instanciate' any word document to
create another by using it as a template :)
] [Thread Prev