Re: [gst-devel] Re: Helix Player virtual team meeting

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 22:38, Rob Adams wrote:
> I should point out that window media and sorenson quicktime video
> haven't been reverse engineered by anyone -- rather wrappers have been
> written around the windows versions of the codecs to allow them to be
> played in mplayer or xine.  This works very well and so there's really
> no reason to bother reverse engineering the codec.

Sorry, but that's incorrect - ffmpeg has reverse engineered all of them
SVQ1/3, WMV1/2, plus a bunch more). FFmpeg is included in Xine, mplayer,
GStreamer and a plentihood of other media thingies.

See http://www.ffmpeg.org/.

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>
Linux Video/Multimedia developer