Re: hitler's flag

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 14:21, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In that earlier interminable thread I admittedly didn't read all of, I
> hope we established that GNOME won't be including any flags for
> precisely this reason; they are politically loaded.
>
> We don't write "fuck you" in all our about boxes; not because it's
> illegal, but because it would be gratuitously making people angry and
> this is a software project, not a political/cultural group. Just because
> you can doesn't mean you should.
>
> No flags in GNOME, nothing to see here, everyone move along.
>
> If someone else puts flags on the internet, please contact those people.
> But our policy should be to stay out of non-software-related politics.
>
> Please don't bury desktop-devel-list in political discussions
> until/unless flags appear in a GNOME release, and they had better not.
>
> End of thread please, go read the archives of the previous flag
> thread...

We established that the Taiwan flag was a problem. But that was about
it. Has RedHat had major problems with any other flags?

It still seems silly to me to remove all flags because of a problem with
1 or 2.

Damon

PS. I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to include the
Nazi flag in Gnome. So that's a non-issue really.