Re: fast user switching

El mié, 03-12-2003 a las 01:24, Gustavo Noronha Silva escribió:
> Carlos Perelló Marín disse:
> >> description
> >>
> >> For a nice example, just run gtk-demo and have a second DISPLAY
> >> accessible somewhere (even on a remote computer). Then select "Change
> >> Display".
> >

> > The problem with that feature is that all X application should support
> > it, we cannot assume that all applications are using GTK 2
>
> I once found xmove among the debian packages while searching for a
> screen-like program for X... it seems to provide that kind of feature.
> What do you think?

I know about xmove, the problem is that it's a hack (IMHO) you run a
second Xserver over your real one and then, you can move it where you
want. What happens with DRI does it work?, I understand it as something
like the vnc server and you lose hardware acceleration :-(

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)