gnome-xscreensaver (and some fast user switching)

Hi there,

  I'd like to start working on a gnome xscreensaver replacement. I
currently took a look into kscreensaver and xscreensaver for now, but as
things like fast user switching come up now, we should try to get some
neccessary features now that I didn't start creating a gnomeish version.

Things I'd like to see:

  * ability to use xscreensaver hacks
  * utilisation of D-BUS as we might get a good idle-time codebase
    for a d-bus version of dr. wright that uses the same way to
    get idle-information as xscreensaver does.
  * a small library (like libkscreensaver) that makes the creation
    of new gnome-screensavers quite easy.

What stuff is neccessary to solve the xscreensaver discussion regarding
fast user switching?

Regards,
  Sven
--
Sven Herzberg <herzi gnome-de org> · Jabber: herzi jabber org
GNOME Deutschland                  · http://www.gnome-de.org/