Re: Using the same home dir with Gnome 2.2 and Gnome 2.4

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:34:32AM -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Once 2.4 is released (with RH10?) we will have a mixed GNOME 2.2 (RH9)
> and 2.4 (RH10) environment with shared home directories and users
> switching back and forth.  Keywords=ABI/API stability,enterprise.

This configuration should and must work; it's OK if users need to
configure things twice, but nothing should _break_ as you go back and
forth.

I've said this several times in the past. ;-) And it's documented
on www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ IIRC

Anyhow, the only concrete step to take to fix this is to test it and
file each problem in bugzilla - as a start, someone should definitely
convert this thread into bug reports and mark them as important for
2.4.

Havoc