Re: GNOME and superuser (privilege raising) integration -- second try

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 17:17, Luis Villa wrote:
> And it's been another two months and still no response. :/
>
> Hongli, I'd suggest that the best way to get this really adopted is to
> find some applications that need this service and write patches to get
> them to use your stuff. If it really benefits their programs, the
> maintainers of those apps will help you out and push for your changes to
> become more commonly adopted everywhere.

Gnome-System-tools and gdm ( gdm-setup ) come to mind...

It would also be really cool to have nautilus prompt for root password
when you try to do something that requires root premissions instead
of just telling you that you don't have required permissions.

--
Mark Finlay <sisob_AT_tuxfamily_DOT_org>
http://sisob.tuxfamily.org  |  http://advogato.org/person/sisob