Re: GNOME ABI review

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 06:34, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> 6. Libraries that just aren't production quality
>
>  libgnomecanvas, libart come to mind; they can work fine if you
>  understand the pitfalls, but. For those two in particular we're also
>  expecting Cairo/Xr to replace them.

re libgnomecanvas. I do actively maintain foocanvas, which is a non-aa,
non generic-affine-translations version of the canvas. It is great for
"normal" widgets, and is currently used by at least Nautilus and
Gnumeric. The API is very nearly compatible with Gnome-canvas unless you
use AA or affines. It also works much better with Gtk2 than the gnome
canvas ever did.

Do we want to expose this anywhere in our API, in order to have a
working replacement for at least part of what libgnomecanvas does?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fiendish dishevelled librarian trapped in a world he never made. She's
a high-kicking renegade vampire who dreams of becoming Elvis. They fight
crime!