Re: Bonobo + ORBit

Hi Bob,

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 06:41, Bob Smith wrote:
> Question. Say I have an application that provides an interface that
> inherits from Bonobo::Unknown.

	Right;

> I would like a second application to use this object. Should the first
> application provide precompiled stubs for accessing the object or should
> each app that wants to talk to the object locate the IDL file and
> compile its own set of stubs from it?

	Up to you; if there is some other shared functionality (as there is in
all our system libraries that implement interfaces) it is common to
whack stub,skel,common into the library and just link it in.

	OTOH; this creates some inelegance pwrt. including the IDL into other
IDL files, cf. libbonobo/bonobo/Bonobo.idl - but that's just one of the
under-specified problems with IDL compilation.

	Of course - should the other app be written in Python - you don't have
to have any stubs/skels at all ;-)

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot