Re: bookmark management and other code reuse
- From: Marco Pesenti Gritti <marco it gnome org>
- To: Ricardo Fernández Pascual <ric users sourceforge net>
- Cc: Marius Andreiana <mandreiana rdslink ro>, desktop-devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, masneyb gftp org
- Subject: Re: bookmark management and other code reuse
- Date: 25 Apr 2003 13:55:10 +0200
> I haven't looked at epiphany bookmarks code recently. I don't know why
> they decided to rewrite everything just to change the UI. In my opinion,
> they could have got the same effect using the same internals, but they
> didn't asked me and it's theirs code....
We rewrote it because a db like backend was more appropriate for our
user interface, and there was a generic one working well already available
(from rhythmbox project).
It would have been harder to adapt galeon code to our needs than
starting from scratch.
] [Thread Prev