gnome-panel and SVG icons

Playing a bit with vector graphic and sodipodi, I start to build an icon
theme.

Unfortunately the panel don't use them. Or, better, it seems to ignore
them.

The attachment is a minimalistic icon theme with only gnome-terminal
icon. Choose it and look around:
        * svg icon is used in application://System Tools page in
          nautilus
        * svg icon is used in desktop launcher dragged from panel one
        * svg icon is not used in panel launcher
        * svg icon is not used in Application -> System Tools menu

I wrote a wrong theme file, or it's a gnome-panel bug, or .deskop files
should not specify the .png extension?

BTW we need an icon selector more like KDE one: now we can only choose a
file, but we should manage themes too. Is it in libgnomeui, is't it?

--
L'ironia di questa mail è a cura di "Microsoft Allegria".

È vietato citare verbalmente e quotare ogni frase ritenuta divertente.