Re: Using Gnome Vendor

<quote who="Richard Stallman">

> The fact that the tag is not visible to the user makes the issue less
> important, but we have seen it still can cause confusion.  Renaming it to
> "distributor" can't hurt.

This XML file is already out there in the wild, with software (including
non-"GNOME official" software) already relying on it. Changing a non user
visible, machine-readable XML file schema will not provide a strong enough
benefit to offset the pain involved.

Then again, and I hate to say it... "patches are accepted".

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

                          No pants is good pants.