Re: Killing views [Was: Dealing with files in Gnome]

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 17:03, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 April 2003 16:48, Ross Burton wrote:
> > I challenge anyone to come up with a reason for this being a good idea:
> >
> > http://www.bnro.de/~harry/sql_io/kio_sql2.png
>
> Well it was pretty usefull for me during my Database exercise at University,
> quick, easy, works. It was during that days where GNOME didn't had such a
> tool to do easy work like this.

when was that? Since 1998 gnome-db existed to provide such a SQL
interface. :-)

>  I was used and drilled to MS-Query analyzer
> there and needed something similar, that tool was totally handy and better
> than nothing. I think, we shouldn't discuss here wether such a KIOslave is
> usable or not, the one or other may find it quite usable and it definately
> was for me. At the end it's just as KIOslave 1 of 51 ones that get delivered
> with default KDE.

the question is not whether having an easy-to-use SQL interface is
worthy or not. I'd say it is, since I use one (http://www.gnome-db.org)
myself. The question is if it's a good idea to embed that SQL interface
in the file browser.

cheers