How to view unicode text in gnome-terminal?

Hi,

I started to play around with utf-8 to make it work globaly on my debian
box, one reason is that nautilus uses utf-8 in filenames when new files
are created. When I was playing around I wasn't able to make
gnome-terminal show the filenames correct, I asume it should be possible
since Gnome2 uses utf-8.

The filenames are shown with the correct characters if I use xterm with
the folowing command:
env LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8 xterm -u8 -fn
-Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-SemiCondensed--13-120-75-75-C-60-ISO10646-1

I tried to set the font to the exact same font in gnome-terminal using
the gconf-editor but I still can's view the filenames. Is this a bug in
gnome-terminal or is there some other magic needed?

//Snaggen
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Eriksson;Mattias
FN:Mattias Eriksson
ORG:Simovits Consulting
TEL;WORK;VOICE:08 - 728 33 56
TEL;CELL;VOICE:070 - 444 68 79
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Wenner-Gren Center=0D=0ASveavagen 166;Stockholm;;;SWEDEN
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Wenner-Gren Center=0D=0ASveavagen 166=0D=0AStockholm=0D=0ASWEDEN
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:mattias eriksson simovits com
REV:20020222T120448Z
END:VCARD