Re: that darned accessibility capplet

Lars Weber <lars brokenbits de> wrote:
> Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> wrote:
> > The enabling of the obscure keys is only one of the effects.  It's
> > main usage is to easily enable or disable all of the other features.
>
> BTW:

Sorry, I accidentally sent this mail instead of canceling it :-/  What I
originally wanted to ask (and then decided to post as a follow-up to a
more appropriate mail... but now I'm gonna ask it here anyway) is this:

If the master-checkbox at the top is meant mostly as a way to easily
toggle accessibility on or off (depending on whether the current user
needs it) has it ever been considered to use something more powerful like
a profiles feature (i.e. different profiles for different users)?  Not
only does a simple switch fail in cases where there are more users of
accessibility with different needs but the use of a profiles feature might
also be more easily understandable from a UI perspective.

Regards,
Lars