Re: that darned accessibility capplet

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 03:06:00PM +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Earl Johnson said:
> >
> > This is re-run feedback from me but I think the capplet should be a
> > tabbed pane with 2 tabs - one tab for StickyKeys, MouseKeys, and
> > ToggleKeys; the other a keyboard response tab containing RepeatKeys,
> > BounceKeys, and SlowKeys.

Remember that 'RepeatKeys' is _not_ part of gnome accessX.  That is
handled by the keyboard capplet.

Having such a split would definitely go a long way towards easing
the massive crowding.

> > 	Window's added an additional feature along these lines that
> > 	AccessX never had - it posts a popup the first time any feature
> > 	is invoked from the keyboard and asks the user then if they
> > 	want to fully disable keyboard accessibility. This would be a
> > 	good thing to see added to the GNOME desktop.
>
> Yeah, that does sound cool, and it will help prevent weird but reports
> ;-)

Do we need to differentiate between another app enabling things,
and the magic keystrokes ?  Its easy to catch the change (we already
do).  However, there is no clear cut way to know what caused it.  Eg
even when the settings-daemon changes things the X server notifies
it that the state changed.