Re: the keyboard accessibility capplet

Havoc Pennington wrote:

A nicer approach to that might be:
"[  ] Pressing <whatever the key sequence is> enables bounce keys"

I think Windows just has this always enabled, and chooses sort of
obscure key sequences so no one will do it accidentally - I could be
wrong.

In Win2k at least, you can turn on most of these options with a key combo (things like press shift 5 times, hold a key down for some length of time, etc). The first time you perform the key combo it pops up a dialog asking you if you really want to enable the feature and gives you a chance to turn it off permanently (can be reenabled in the control panel). This seems to work quite well.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.