Re: the keyboard accessibility capplet

<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

> > Havoc please contact me if you'd like me to go over the damn thing with
> > you.  So many people have made so many conflicting requests about this
> > dialog that it amazes me that it is no uglier than it is.
>
> As I said, I hate to keep bringing it up, but for whatever reason it's
> still broken... to me if I put all the other control panels next to this
> one, the accessibility capplet sticks out as very different.
>
> Does no one else agree?

You're just begging for AOLisms here... I strongly agree. It just doesn't
work like, or look 'GNOME-two-ish' at all.

In terms of settings migration, perhaps we could have a standard method for
gnome-session to handle these. I've been looking at putting hooks into
Debian's gnome-session to run package-specific upgrade scripts for GNOME 1.x
settings -> the same thing could be used for CDE, XFCE, KDE, whatever-E.

Perhaps vendors could ship a migration control panel or something too,
should they feel that users need a button to press, or some kind of
interactivity in the process. In fact, the same control panel could be
popped up during first login, too.

Just thoughts,

- Jeff

--
         "The GPL is good. Use it. Don't be silly." - Michael Meeks