GARNOME 0.17.0: "Next Big Thing"

================================

GARNOME - the bad-ass, bleeding edge GNOME distribution for testers and
tweakers everywhere. If you're dying to test the latest GNOME 2.0 Desktop
releases, but don't want to fall into the depraved addictions and
co-dependencies of testing from anonymous CVS, then GARNOME is for you.

[ In other words, GARNOME is a build system for GNOME 2.x which includes the
developer platform and desktop releases, as well as a host of other software
ported to the GNOME 2.x platform. Everything is as easy to build as 'make
install'. We call it a 'distribution' because it's sanity-tested and often
patched before release, for your convenience and enjoyment. ;-) ]

What's New?
-----------

  - New: Balsa! [ Should have been added a while back, but I waited for a
	new release as the previous one wasn't very G2Dish... But, um, I guess
	they're just not going for G2D-ish after all. :-) ]

  - New: gworldclock - a very simple multiple-timezone clock

  - New: Fresh acme release with more support for PCs. Yay!

  - Updated: New GStreamer release!

  - Fixed: Splashscreen no longer refers to Preview 8. ;-) [ Needed
	checksum, thanks to Jan Schmidt. ]

  - Fixed: Point to new FTP directories.

  - Fixed: Remove our gimp-print brain damage.

  - No longer include bzipped patch for redhat-artwork, because we want to
	keep binary files out of the tree.

Where Do I Get It?

The tarball and documentation [1] are available on the GARNOME website:

  http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/

Enjoy G2D and GARNOME. :-)

- Jeff

[1] People who don't read the documentation tend to look pretty silly on
garnome-list and in #garnome.

--
   "I think hot Chinese girls who kick ass are the wave of the future, as
                      far as films go." - Cody Russell