Re: metacity, vte
- From: Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: metacity, vte
- Date: 22 Sep 2002 01:47:52 +0200
Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
> We need to sort out metacity and vte soon.
- metacity has an almost complete implementation of the
extended wm-spec from freedesktop.org
- it uses gtk+ to draw its widgets
- it works well
- it uses gconf
- it seems to work reasonably well
- it is used by Sun and Red Hat, so metacity is what people
are going to see, whether gnome.org likes it or not.
So I think using metacity is a no-brainer.
] [Thread Prev