Re: GARNOME 0.16.0: "Hot Morning Furnace"

As time statistics I got these :

Stef van der Made wrote:

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for this new release.

It compiled in about 3 hours on a Athlon 1200 with 768MB of memory, I'll try to send you some detailed information on the next compile.

I'm using the athlon optimizations for GCC 3.2. After compilation I've got 407MB of software. It might be time to update the webpage slightly as we are now 180MB above the 225MB advertised there. I'm still enjoying this great gnome development even after the 10th recompile sinceI've started using garnome just to keep up with the various releases and improvements you've made to this package :-)

Thanks and keep e'm coming

Stef

Jeff Waugh wrote:

GARNOME 0.16.0: "Hot Morning Furnace"
=====================================

GARNOME - the bad-ass, bleeding edge GNOME distribution for testers and
tweakers everywhere. If you're dying to test the latest GNOME 2.0 Desktop
releases, but don't want to fall into the depraved addictions and
co-dependencies of testing from anonymous CVS, then GARNOME is for you.

[ In other words, GARNOME is a build system for GNOME 2.x which includes the developer platform and desktop releases, as well as a host of other software ported to the GNOME 2.x platform. Everything is as easy to build as 'make install'. We call it a 'distribution' because it's sanity-tested and often
patched before release, for your convenience and enjoyment. ;-) ]

What's New?
-----------

 * Updated to GNOME 2.0.2.
* Added: koffice - the KDE office suite, mergeant - what used to be
   gnome-db.
* Fixed: Mess in category files. * Fixed: gimp-print's CUPS stuff was attempting to install out of prefix.
   Fixed the hard way.
* Fixed: quick-lounge-applets uncommented. ;-) * Fixed: Disabled -Werror -Wall on rhythmbox and gst-plugins, thanks to
   ajmitch.

Where Do I Get It?

The tarball and documentation [1] are available on the GARNOME website:

 http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/

Enjoy G2D and GARNOME. :-)

- Jeff

[1] People who don't read the documentation tend to look pretty silly on
garnome-list and in #garnome.